Saturday, June 30, 2012

Fun things to do while you're pregnant

Folks I must admit I miss my daily glass or so of sauvignon blanc.  I am also finding that I miss a good old fashioned ham and cheese sandwich as well as raw oysters over crackers, horseradish, and cocktail sauce.  Just those facts alone make for a VERY long 10 months.  Yes, 10.  What you come to quickly realize when you become pregnant, is that the "it takes 9 months to build a baby" thing is a sham.  Do the math. 40 weeks actually equals 10 months.

So now that you've got 10 months of this, the question is now what.  You can't exactly have a night out on the town with the girls or enjoy the pool with a few or 6 adult beverages.  Don't judge, but I must confess that I partake in a glass of wine or so every once in a while.  Heck they do it in Europe and it's not like our parents and grandparents didn't do it.  We didn't come out with 2 heads right?  Plus my doctor sad it was okay do so every once-in-a-while.

Anyway, back to the question of what to do for fun.  Bryan and I are planning to fly out to California in August to visit our precious new baby niece Emilia.  I'll be about 24 weeks by then.  I was looking online for cute tankini's that I can wear at beach while out there and then an idea of funness came over me.  How about a bikini?  Yes, a bikini.  This would work particulary well since my stomach hasn't seen the light of day this summer (ususally by now I've got a nice tan going for me).  In a bikini I'll be able to entertain myself while joyfully watching others being blinded by the reflection of my pale baby belly.  Just wait, it get's even better.  Once I get board with that, I'll have Bryan dig a hold in the sand for me to lie on my stomach.  I'll then roll over when unsuspecting people walk by and scare them.  It'll make for even more fun if there are preteen boys walking by.  Oh how fun would it be to scar those tweens for life!  California- get ready.

September is our 5 year wedding anniversary and we're planning to go back Ocean Isle Beach where we got married.  I'll be in the 30+week range...let's hope for lots of tweens then too!

See?  Mini Driver likes to play the game too!



No comments:

Post a Comment