Monday, June 18, 2012

A little about me and my pup Bailey...

Never in my life did I ever think I'd ever enter the world of blogging and here I am.  I'm too busy, not creative or savvy enough, don't care enough, don't have enough interesting things to say unlike my blogger friends, etc.  BUT- I'm going to be a new mom and I figure that's what all "good" moms do right?  The good moms post pictures, talk about the cute things their babies did or did not do. Well if you become a regular of this or already know me maybe I'll do some of that or just make fun of them. But whatever it may be, you'll probably find  I'm just little bit different than the rest.

A little about me.  I'm a lover of wine and inseparable with my dog Bailey.  I have a wonderful husband with a baby on the way (end of November see here:What to Expect When You're Not Expecting).  I tend to fudge the details on a regular basis, drive too fast, and think reading directions is a waste of time.  

A little about Bailey.  Bailey is my 6 year old Miniature Schnauzer.  She is the greatest.  Bailey is considered our first born to my husband and me and we have promised her that this new edition will not effect her one bit in the pecking order.  You may be saying to yourself "yeah right and everyone says their dog is the greatest". But this is my blog and my rules, so I win.   Bailey's birthday was just the other day and I did a post on Facebook that listed the top 10 reasons as to why she rocks.  Here you go:


June 7 2012: Today is my sweet Bailey's 6th birthday. She has saved me more times than I can remember...Rin Tin Tin would be jealous! To celebrate, I'm listing the Top 10 Reasons why Bailey Rocks:

10. She's always happy to see me. No matter what mood
I come home in. I walk out of the room and come back five minutes later and it is as though I was gone for a year.

9. She has a short memory (for the most part). We could all benefit from that skill.

8. She has been with me through some great times and some really tough times. There have been times that I don't know what I would have done without the quiet support and devotion of my Bailey.

7. She sings on command.

6. She has a best frenemy named Heidi.

5. She doesn't have to wear clothes…awesome.

4. She is accepting of nearly anyone---note the word nearly.

3. She runs in her dreams…what a blast! You’ve got to believe that squirrel at Murphy Candler Park doesn’t stand a chance.

2. When I talk to her she pretends to understand.

1. She has the ability to love and accept me unconditionally. I hope someday to see myself as Bailey sees me.  


Bryan surprised me with this little scruff-monster back in 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment