Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2 years later

Dear McConnell,

Well big surprise, I had the you!  McConnell Grace Gorman, you were born November 15, 2013 at 4:51am.  I know this is what EVERY parent says, but you are perfect in every way and have gotten me through some of the darkest days of my life (more on that later).

A little bit about you:  You definitely beats to your own drum. You chose to come into this world when you wanted to, 2 weeks early and she still has that same personality.  You look a lot like me with your round cheeks and button nose.  When you get mad, you give me that same maddening stare that your daddy gives me and your blue eyes come from Grumps.  You love to eat and sleep.  Mac and cheese is you meal of choice, but that is closely being trounced by Bailey's food.  Yes, Bailey's DOG food. McConnell, you are  Daddy's girl.  You own him in every way.  You started toddling around professionally at a whopping 10 months and there was no looking back.  You cruise around the neighborhood in a bright pink car.  Bailey is your favorite, but Bailey doesn't necessarily feel the same.  You are obsessed with the iPad and we have to strategically hide it as you will hunt it down from behind the seat cushions (the old hiding place).  The beach is magical to you.  You see the ocean as a big tub and can't wait to splash away.  

I want you to know how loved you are. Your Dad and I love you with every bit of our heart. You are also surrounded by grandparents, friends, aunts, and uncles who love you like their own child. You are so fortunate to have this fortress of love around you.

Secondly, I want you to know that your Dad and I aren't perfect (hard to imagine, I'm sure) but we are trying to be the best parents we can be. We want to teach you to stand on your own two feet, and make decisions for yourself. We want you to feel supported while being independent. Be a leader, and follow your heart. Always. Ask questions. Explore. And always remember to laugh along the way.


 Love, 

Mom






                     







1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! I'm Heather and I wanted to know if you could answer a question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete